The history of the Evangelical Alliance House

The Alliance House has a long history and tradition

Find out more about the founding and the growth of the Alliance House.

1906

Image 1 of 4

1924

Image 2 of 4

1938

Image 3 of 4

1969

Image 4 of 4

  • The Evangelical Alliance House was founded in 1886 by Anna von Weling
  • The great conference hall was established under the leadership of Pastor Ernst Modersohn
  • For more than 100 years the Bad Blankenburg Alliance Conference has brought together up to 3,500 mostly young participants on the premises of the Alliance House
  • Since 1990 the Alliance House is the seat and centre of the German Evangelical Alliance, a union of Christians from state churches, free churches and communities